41 Days! Less than 6 weeks. 41 is near and dear to my heart as it was my basketball number way back when (and I mean way back) but unfortunately I couldn't find a pic.
ANYWAY...41 on the Gophers belongs to starting fullback, Miles Thomas.
Thomas is a senior who transferred to Minnesota last year from Butler County Community College in Kansas. Last year he participated in all 13 games, starting 5 and was a silent contributor to what was a very good rushing attack.
Lets play a game with Mr. Thomas. I will give you three pieces of information, two of them are true and one is something I made up. You get to guess (no cheating and looking any of this up on his GopherSports bio, it's not like I did some super-secret-stalking to get extra info here).
- Played 8-man football in high school and was named his division's state player of the year after scoring 40 touchdowns as a senior.
- All-state basketball player as well with offers to play point guard at Creighton and Southern Illinois.
- Won state powerlifting championship as a senior in high school with 285 bench, 300 clean and 495 squat while weighing just 198 pounds.
Drop a note to say hit to Thomas on Twitter - @Miles180
(the second bullet is false, Thomas played and lettered in basketball but that is where the truth ends)
- Doug Lesmerises looks at the Gopher's chances of beating Ohio State and his scientific number is 2%. So you'r saying there's a chance! So the 2% might be kinda low but we all know that Ohio State is super good and this is on the road so chances are certainly single-digits.
- Let's stick with the Ohio State theme and point out that Braxton Miller is moving to WR. Great athlete, probably what is best for him long-term and scary for the rest of us. Crazy to think that a year ago he was a Heisman front-runner at QB, now was essentially third-string and moving positions.
- See this happens to other programs too...The Badgers lost their big running-back commit from this past recruiting class due to not getting academically admitted.
- Sid talks with Coach Kill about preparing for TCU.
- MGO Blog has their Gopher preview. He is selling short on Gopher stock thinking the hype is a little much, especially considering how much offensive production we have lost.
- Finally a very cool piece by Fuller about the Big Ten's part in integrating college football.