So that was a rough weekend for Minnesota sports. Gopher Hoops was blown out by Northwestern, Wild dropped a home game to New Jersey, Wolves lost and the Vikings Viking'd us. Lets take a tour around the interwebz for a Monday Nugz.
The Vikings should be in pretty good shape heading into next year. Teddy needs to improve, get some OL help, get Mortell as their holder and they'll be coming into the year with pretty high expectations. Obviously some decisions to make, need some more help at WR and LB as well. But getting OL fixed and Teddy developing...that goes a LONG way toward this team taking a step to being a contender. Anyway...those are my Vikings thoughts.
- All I know is that the NCAA Holder of the Year would have had the laces out. Right? (no link...just a fact)
- Daily Norseman has this Viking collapse covered as usual. Only 850 comments currently on the game recap!
- I don't usually link to Souhan but this one had a great line in it..."The Norse gods of disappointment demanded their periodic sacrifice of an innocent psyche." So true...SMH.
- Seattle's SBN site, Field Gulls sees the game a little differently but they are happy to move on.
In other Football news, there is a pretty big college game happening tonight.
- Roll Bama Roll and Shakin the Southland are your destinations to learn all things National Championship Game.
And Gopher Stuff...
- Gopher Hockey beat Penn State 7-1 on Saturday after losing 3-2 in OT on Friday night.
- Carter Coughlin is an incoming Gopher linebacker and he played in the US Army All-American game this past weekend. He played well, earning a Lunch Pail award from this Rivals writer.
- Marcus Fuller caught up with Jim Peterson who urges us to be patient with Gopher Basketball.
- Judd Zulgad acknowledges that this loss to Northwestern is one Pitino cannot afford.
That's all I got today. Enjoy the NCG tonight everyone.