It is Senior Day on Saturday and now is as good a time as any to recognize and appreciate the seniors on this roster. ESPN1500’s Adam Rossow tells us just how different this program is right now from the historical norm of Gopher football, and it should be in part to the credit of this senior class.
(if they manage to beat Northwestern)
It would be the first time since 1903-05 that the program won eight games three times in a four-year span. This year’s senior class could also make history with a win over the Wildcats, becoming the first class since 1965-68 to finish with an above .500 record in conference play for three of four years.
- Gopher Basketball’s Recruiting class got some love from Hoop Seen. Washington ranks as the Big Ten’s best incoming point and Harris was tabbed as the league’s best incoming shooter.
- Rodney Smith is getting a little bit of love as a potential Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year. Why not right? The sophomore is having a great season in spite of some pretty obvious limitations with his offensive line.
- Andy Greder looks at Mitch Leidner game-by-game this season.
- ESPN has us going to the Music City Bowl.
- SBN has us up against Washington State and the Pirate in the Holiday Bowl.
- CBS Sports has the same, Gophers v Cougars in Holiday Bowl.
- Holiday Bowl against Colorado is where Stewart Mandel has the Gophers.