A few things to highlight that either have been missed or need to be called out.
I want to start with a ton of conference awards for Gopher athletes
- First off is Rachel Banham who became the Big Ten's all-time leading scorer last week. It was her 52-point game against Michigan State that put her over the top. That's an incredible accomplishment and really deserves a post all of it's own (maybe sometime soon). Banham also earned co-Big Ten Player of the Week honors. It should also be noted that she has eclipsed 50 points in a game twice this year. She also continues to get props from Kobe Bryant who seems to be her biggest fan.
- Gopher Softball pitcher Sara Groenewegen was named the Big Ten's pitcher of the week. She is the reigning Big Ten Player of the Year and is off to a good start this year already.
- Lindsay Mable, of the women's gymnastic's team, had earned Big Ten Gymnast of the Week for the third consecutive week (12th career). Mable is a senior and leading the Big Ten women to a great season. The team is 8-0 and ranked 19th in the country.
- Last but not least is Jordan Murphy who picked up his second Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors.
Now on to some Nugz worth noting...
- Gopher Baseball started out the season 3-1 after a trip to Arizona. Their only loss a 1-run defeat to #5 Oregon State.
- Football...Mose Hall is moving from the DL to OL and Alex Mayes has retired from playing football.
- Reggie Lynch is having shoulder surgery and will be away from playing basketball until July/August.
- Amelia profiles Bakary Konate. This is good and I suggest you read it.