So this little basketball tournament has been happening and the revenue generating Gopher programs are all no longer competing on the field/ice/court. But there are still plenty of thing going on in the world of Gopher sports, I think we should take a stroll down to Dinkeytown.
Spring practice is happening and there are two opportunities for you to watch practice this week.
- 3:45 on Thursday - the entire practice is open to the public
- 11:00 on Saturday - the entire practice is open to the public
Get out and go watch the new offensive line, the slimmer Mitch Leidner (who isn't practicing but whatever) and the possible 3-4 defense!
- GopherIllustrated was at practice last week and gives us the top 5 things learned. Hint...Rashad Still is looking really good!
- Pioneer Press talks about the Gopher defense experimenting with new looks.
- Claeys is upping the intensity for Spring Practice.
- Blaise Andries visited practice last week, this is the top in-state recruit and a major priority for the Gopher staff.
- ESPN did a fictional 68-team football bracket. The Gophers were a lowly 14-seed but would get to travel to Notre Dame for their first round match-up. I would love that game to happen.
After taking 2 out of 3 from ranked Missouri State this past weekend the Gophers open up play in the Big Ten hosting Iowa this weekend.
- Bob Sansevere profiles and interviews Matt Fielder who is the team's Friday starting pitcher and the team's best hitter.