We better win because Illinois is terrible.
Football gnome is here with a reminder that sometimes the blog gets something right.
After careful GIF consideration, we believe this best represents how we'll respond to Illinois this fall.— The Daily Gopher (@TheDailyGopher) July 20, 2017
All the best,
When & Where
Date: Saturday, October 21st
Kickoff Time: 2:30 pm CT
Where: TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
Watch & Listen
TV: Big Ten Network
Streaming Video: BTN2Go (or the BTN2Go app for your mobile device)
Radio: KFAN (100.3 in the Twin Cities) and the Gopher Radio Network (Radio Affiliates).
Streaming Audio: Locate KFAN on IHeartRadio (or the IHeartRadio app for your mobile device)
- Sirius: 113 (Internet 957)
- XM: 196 (Internet 958)
- SiriusXM: 196 (Internet 958)
- NOTE: The Sirius/XM website has also started listening what “internet” channel the games are on this year if you choose to listen online vs through a receiver.
Spread: Minnesota by 13 to 14
O/U: 46 to 47
Mid 60’s, mostly cloudy. Honestly looks like a pretty decent fall afternoon for a Homecoming game to me.
Where Are They From? Champaign, Illinois
All Time Series: The Gophers lead the all time series vs. Illinois 37-29-3.
Last Game: Gophers won 40-17 last season in Champaign.
SB Nation Blog: The Champaign Room
This Season: 2-4 (0-3 B1G)
Keys to the game
- That 4th quarter MSU game offense? More of that please. We should not expect Demry Croft to play like that all the time, but some decent doses of that efficient movement of the ball would be very pleasing and result in a win.
- Win the turnover battle...and actually score points when we do. Seriously though, we’re forcing TO’s and still need more points off those TO’s.
- Force 3 and outs. Illinois’ offense is not efficient, isn’t explosive, typically has pretty bad field position, and is bad at finishing drives that do put them in scoring position. Even with a defense that is still likely missing it’s best player, Minnesota’s defense needs to do it’s offense a favor and get stops. Put the Illinois defense out there for too long and they will break.
How afraid am I?
On a scale of 1 to 5 "Brewsters on his face" (1 being not a afraid, 5 being very afraid)?
In honor of this being Illinois, I am 2/3’s of a Illinois Era Brewster afraid of Fighting Illini. NOTE: I’d be a full Brewster afraid but there weren’t any good images of Timmy in Orange and Blue that had his whole body in it.
I feel good and I won’t hide it.
Minnesota, 27 - Illinois 13