I AM HARBORING SO MANY NEGATIVE FEELINGS TOWARDS THE STATE, UNIVERSITY, AND THE GOLD AND BLACK FOOTBALL PLAYING INDIVIDUALS OF IOWA.
When & Where
Date: Saturday, October 28th
Kickoff Time: 5:30 pm CT
Where: Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, IA
Watch & Listen
TV: Fox Sports 1
Streaming Video: FoxSportsGo (or the FoxSportsGo app for your mobile device)
Radio: KFAN (100.3 in the Twin Cities) and the Gopher Radio Network (Radio Affiliates).
Streaming Audio: Locate KFAN on IHeartRadio (or the IHeartRadio app for your mobile device)
- Sirius: 134 (Internet 965)
- XM: 196 (Internet 965)
- SiriusXM: 196 (Internet 965)
- NOTE: The Sirius/XM website has also started listening what “internet” channel the games are on this year if you choose to listen online vs through a receiver.
Spread: Iowa by 7 to 8.
O/U: 42.5 to 43
Low 40’s (at best), possible rain, and you’re in Iowa.
Where Are They From? Iowa City, IA
All Time Series: The Gophers have a commanding lead the all time series vs. Iowa: 62-46-2.
Last Game: Gophers lost 14-7 last season in Minneapolis.
SB Nation Blog: Black Heart Gold Pants
This Season: 4-3 (1-3 B1G)
Keys to the game
- The ball is the program. We will not win if Demry Croft or any other Gopher is out there turning the ball over. Neither team is especially great this season and winning the turnover battle would go a long way to winning the game.
- Don’t let Akrum Wadley do Akrum Wadley things. Iowa’s running game has been not good overall. But they still have an immensely talented running back and giving up explosive plays to that running back is a good way to lose this game.
- Sustained offensive success. Minnesota made the Michigan State game close by successfully executing their offense for more than a play or two at a time. Minnesota beat Illinois doing the same thing. For Minnesota to beat Iowa they’ll need to generate sustained offensive drives. Not every drive, but my guess is the Gophers will need at least 3 good drives to win. And no, it’s not a good drive if you have to settle for a field goal after being 1st and goal from the 2.
How afraid am I?
On a scale of 1 to 5 "Brewsters on his face" (1 being not a afraid, 5 being very afraid)?
HATE WEEK has no time for fear (and perhaps I wasn’t able to come up with anything better than Brew in a cornfield). Instead, let the sadness and stupidity of Iowa fans sustain you.
I never say we’re going to lose to Iowa in one of these. I mean, maybe I’ve done it before but I don’t remember doing it so my previous statement is thus unequivocally true.
Minnesota, 17 - Iowa 14