- Minnesota ran for 410 yards today. FOUR. HUNDRED. TEN. YARDS.
- Demry Croft set the single game QB rushing record with 183 yards on 10 carries. ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY THREE YARDS. 18.3 yards per carry.
- Minnesota had two guys rush for over 100 yards. Rodney Smith joined Demry with 134 yards on 24 carries (5.6 ypc). Kobe McCrary almost made it 3, as he rushed for 93 yards on 10 carries (9.3 ypc)
- This was the most rushing yards for a Minnesota team since 2005.
All in all a very very nice day! Someone fetch The Chair and bring it to Fleck immediately.
Other quick thoughts
- The defense didn’t have it’s best day and I don’t care to think on it because OMG WE RAN FOR ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN.
- Blake Cashman is a human sack missile and I really hope he’s not badly hurt after coming off favoring his shoulder on Nebraska’s last drive.
- Croft looked great all game. Ran the read option well, nice RPOs, great touch on his passes. He only completed 9/15 for 105, but (stop me if you’ve heard this one) several receivers dropped perfect passes to reduce his numbers.
- Minnesota is now 5-7 and has a chance to be APR bowl eligible regardless of what else happens.
- MINNESOTA IS NOW 2-0 IN GAMES WHERE THE CHAIR IS BRAND NEW OR BRAND NEW-ISH.