Last updated on 11/30 at 7:15pm.
All updates added to end of post in chronological order.
After a coaching change there are two common times that transfers occur: after Spring Practices when players get a pretty good idea of where they fall along the depth chart and then once again following the end of the season. This is the time when players have to make a decision about whether or not they want to be a part of how things are run under the new staff.
Considering that the current incoming 2018 class has more verbals than scholarships available, the staff would need a few transfers to make the math work.
Below will be an updated list of 2017 Minnesota football players who will be playing in another uniform in 2018.
- QB - Demry Croft - The redshirt sophomore decided on Sunday that he was going to move along despite being the team’s starting quarterback for the final 6 games of the season.
- WR - Melvin Holland - one recruit I was quite excited about when he came to the Gophers in 2014. Holland just wrapped up his redshirt junior season and will graduate in the spring and be able to grad transfer somewhere and play for one more season.
I will be transferring from the University of Minnesota... pic.twitter.com/2wjvLKg72w— 〽️ImaShowEm〽️ (@MelloYllw21) November 28, 2017
- WR - Rashad Still - Clearly was never quite on board with the new regime and culture. He will have 2 years to play 1 wherever he decides to transfer after catching 38 balls in his Gopher career.
- LB - Everett Williams - buried on the linebacker depth chart, Williams will grad transfer and have 1 year to play somewhere.
It has been one wild ride but I am beyond grateful for this experience. Can’t wait to get it going at wherever my new place ends up being for one last ride pic.twitter.com/NOden0O5Dt— Luca Brasi™ (@Ev2Dreaded) November 30, 2017
Stay tuned...more are likely to come this week and we will update this list accordingly.
UPDATE - 11/28, 8:00am
- WR - Hunter Register - Wide receiver who saw action in 9 games but recorded no stats has decided to move on. More evidence that we should expect a youth movement at wideout next fall.
I will be transferring from the University of Minnesota... pic.twitter.com/nhldpWMrbX— Hunter Regi$ter (@ontherise12_) November 27, 2017
UPDATE - 11/30, 2:30pm
- LB - Jaylen Waters - another player buried in the depth chart, Jaylen played in 10 games and recorded 7 tackles and 1 fumble recovery.
Dear U of M & Football fans , pic.twitter.com/4tl3WLG8d4— Jaylen 〽️ Waters (@Texas_boy49) November 29, 2017
UPDATE - 11/30, 7:15pm
- Everett Williams has officially announced his transfer. His tweet has been embedded above. Incidentally, he’s got a great screen name.