The Little Brown Jug is the precursor to all rivalry trophies and it the absolute best. Today’s winner gets to keep the Jug for 3 years as they don’t play each other for a while. Can the Gophers get it back and earn a signature win?
- Demry Croft and 50% - I felt like Croft was much better in his second start last week. He was more poised and confident. But his completion percentage needs to be dramatically better. I think a real key today is to get him completing 50% of his passes. If that can happen, while the running game does a little something...that gives us a chance.
- The Ball is the Program - Winning at Michigan, against a more talented team, might require some turnovers in our favor. I’m looking at you, Brandon Peters. Give us a little help today.
- Defensive Line and QB Pressure - Michigan ranks pretty low in the Big Ten in sacks allowed. Combine that with an inexperienced quarterback and you have a recipe where the Gophers can help encourage turnovers by getting some pressure on Peters.
OPPOSING PLAYERS TO WATCH
- QB - Brandon Peters - First start for the sophomore. Time to experience some growing pains.
- LB - Devin Bush - Leads the team in tackles and has 5.5 sacks. Let’s keep this guy off Croft please.
What hasn’t been discussed yet is that this Michigan defense legit good. I suspect the Gopher offense is going to really struggle to move the ball. Getting some turnovers and short fields will help. Getting a better game from Croft will certainly help. But going up against arguably the best defense in the conference
Minnesota - 13
Michigan - 27