Tuesday Nugz to keep you entertained and occupied.
First a roundup of Bracket Projections!
- CBS Jerry Palm - Gophers are a 5-seed facing Illinois State
- Sports Illustarted - Gophers as a 5-seed facing Princeton
- SBN’s Blogging the Bracket - Gophers a 4-seed!! Whoah!
- Fox Sports Stewart Mandel - Gophers as a 7-seed vs. Seton Hall
- Bracket Matrix - the lowest 5-seed
- Lunardi’s Bracketology - last updated on 2/27 but has Gophers a 7-seed vs. Virginia Tech
- Big Ten Powerhouse has a nice piece that is recognizing the work Richard Pitino has done with this year’s Gopher squad.
All things considered, this year’s turnaround has Richard Pitino in position to possibly land the Big Ten Coach of the Year award, with only Chris Collins of Northwestern likely being the other contender. While Northwestern possibly making the dance is probably the bigger story, it should be noted Pitino has taken a Gopher team that won eight games last year (two in conference) and has them set to return to the NCAA Tournament AND possibly finish in the top four of the regular season standings.
Hard to argue.
- Also on BTP, the Gophers are #1 in their weekly power poll.
- Inside NU has a great recurring post on the Never Made the Tourney Club. I am on record as hoping this streak continues for NU. No ill-will, I just find this tradition humorous and worth carrying on.
- Florida Panthers add Vanek in an NHL deal today. So 4 former Gophers are in the Panther system.