Gopher Baseball is in the midst of the Big Ten Tournament.
They won their first game over host Indiana. Yesterday they were supposed to cap off the night with a game against Northwestern but that was pushed till this morning at 10:00 am.
Today’s game against the Wildcats is a big one to avoid the losers bracket and really puts them in great shape to make it to the finals. Michigan (the 2-seed and RPI best team in the conference) was quickly eliminated. Nebraska is the top seed and faces Iowa this afternoon at 1:30.
Due to a weaker RPI the Gophers may need to win this to get a shot at the NCAA Tournament this year.
The Big Ten Tournament bracket can be found here.
- I think we can all get behind Bill Connelly for College Football Commissioner. This is just great stuff by the SBN Mothership.
- Gary Parrish of CBS Sports released his early top 26 and has the Gophers at #14. Michigan State #3, Northwestern #15 and Purdue #20 were the other Big Ten teams included.
- ESPN released one, actually their second ranking, and they have the Gophers #15 with only Michigan State as the only Big Ten team coming in ahead of them. Northwestern is the only other B1G team in the top 25.
- Cool article on how PJ Fleck is making an impact in recruiting per national analysts.
- A couple former Gophers have been named to interesting jobs. Damian Johsnon is the new head men’s basketball coach at St. Paul North. And John Thomas is new VP of Community Engagement for the Lynx and Timberwolves.
- Gopher Volleyball with the nation’s 4th best recruiting class!
- ESPN’s Dan Murphy talks about the best rushing teams in the Big Ten this coming year. Gophers barely get a mention. Nevermind they were 5th in the league in rushing and Rodney Smith was 4th on his own.