I want to kick off today’s Nugz with a great story on the past and present of Gopher football from FBSSchedules.com.
The article talks about the ancient, and rather successful, past of Gopher football. It then goes on to discuss the positives of the program for PJ Fleck and hypothesizes that this may just be the right time and place for a rebirth of Gopher football.
This just in…Minnesota doesn’t suck.
The Golden Gophers are 31-21 since 2013 and fresh off winning back-to-back bowl games. The 9-4 record they posted last season was the best since 2003’s 10-3 team.
...(skipping stats and stuff)...
The numbers don’t lie…Minnesota was moving in the right direction before the coaching change.
And concluding wondering if the timing of the Fleck hire, just may be the right scenario for the Gophers to get back into the conversation. If you read nothing else today, this is a good one.
- Robb Stauber, former Gopher goalie and Hobey Baker Award winner, has been named Head Coach of the US Women’s Team for the 2018 Olympics.
- ESPN’s post-Spring Big Ten Power Rankings has the Gophers 8th overall (5th in the West).
- GopherSports with a rundown of former Gophers who are set to begin the WNBA Season.
- Jacksonvill’s Big Cat Country has a roundup of Jalen Myric’s draft experience.
- Star Trib looks at the many trips Gopher Basketball is making to New York in the coming year. We have a few East Coasters on the roster and we are recruiting that area heavily...coincidence? I think not.