What the heck is wrong with me?
The Gnome Bench is feeling it. They just watching the new hype video and they’re lit. The #gnomesGIFprediction this week?
That’s the stuff.
When & Where
Date: Saturday, September 30th
Kickoff Time: 11 am CT
Where: TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
Watch & Listen
TV: Fox Sports 1
Streaming Video: FoxSportsGo.com (or the Fox Sports Go app for your mobile device)
Radio: KFAN (100.3 in the Twin Cities) and the Gopher Radio Network (Radio Affiliates).
Streaming Audio: Locate KFAN on IHeartRadio (or the IHeartRadio app for your mobile device)
- Sirius: 135 (Internet 957)
- XM: 195 (Internet 957)
- SiriusXM: 195 (Internet 957)
- NOTE: The Sirius/XM website has also started listening what “internet” channel the games are on this year if you choose to listen online vs through a receiver.
Spread: Minnesota by 13
O/U: 43 to 43.5
S&P+ Projection: Minnesota by 7.6 (29.2-21.7)
S&P+ Win Probability: 66.9%
S&P+ against the spread pick: Maryland
F/+ Projection: Minnesota by 14.4
F/+ Win Probability: 79.7%
F/+ against the spread pick: Minnesota
Adjusted S&P+ Projection: Minnesota by 6.3
Adjusted S&P+ Win Probability: 64.3%
Adjusted S&P+ against the spread pick: Maryland
68 and mostly sunny will work.
Where Are They From? College Park, MD
Big Ten country if I’ve ever seen it.
All Time Series: One of the most storied rivalries in the Big Ten, the series between Minnesota and Maryland is tied 1-1.
Last Game: Minnesota beat Maryland on the road last year 31-10.
SB Nation Blog: Testudo Times
This Season: 2-1
Keys to the game
- Prevent the big play on defense. Maryland’s offense is extremely unimpressive when it comes to moving the ball efficiently but is extremely explosive. In other words, they aren’t good at gaining yards unless they’re breaking huge plays. Prevent those and you set yourself up to win.
- Be Maryland’s mirror on offense. In general, Minnesota has been the exact opposite on offense by being a team who moves the ball with decent efficiency but who generally sucks at creating the big play. If the defense does their part, what I’d like to see is Minnesota be ultra efficient or flash better big play ability than normal.
- Make it fun. Who doesn’t like fun?
How afraid am I?
On a scale of 1 to 5 "Brewsters on his face" (1 being not a afraid, 5 being very afraid)?
I am only 1 Brew ACL tear afraid of Maryland, mostly because of all of the injuries the Terrapins have suffered at the QB position.
I’m feeling good. There is no reason for me to feel this good because Maryland is still the best team the Gophers have faced but I can’t change it.
Minnesota, 30 - Maryland, 17