With the basketball team in free-fall on the court and controversy brewing off of it, there really is not much else to discuss when it comes to Gopher athletics.
So let’s take a look around for interesting things to read this morning.
- I’ll lead with Gopher Women’s basketball dominating Penn State last night. Senior, Carlie Wagner had her 100th career double-double. The women sit at 3-2 in the Big Ten with a 14-4 overall record and face Rutgers (16-3, 4-1) on Saturday.
- Gopher Baseball will be playing before you know it. The fine folks over at Gopher Sports have been taking a look at the season opponents of the Gophers. You can find the latest installment here and at the bottom of the preview are links to previous previews.
- Former Gopher Head Coach Tracy Claeys has been hired as Washington State’s new defensive coordinator. I don’t know how cold it gets in Pullman but I hope it isn’t too cold for coach Claeys.
OTHER LOCAL TEAMS
- The Timberwolves have had a nice little week. After beating Cleveland by 28, they came out and dominated Oklahoma City by 16. This team is pretty fun to watch. Currently this team is sitting as the 4-seed in the challenging Western Conference.
- And perhaps you are aware that the Vikings are decent this year. Don’t forget that they are hosing New Orleans on Sunday in the Divisional Playoffs. But don’t buy into this team...just don’t do it. Regardless, keep checking Daily Norseman to stay up to date on all things Vikings.
SUBSCRIPTION BASED ARTICLES
- The Athletic gives their final ranking of all 130 college football teams. The Gophers come in at 88. A couple spots ahead of Nebraska.
- GopherIllustrated gave us the Pro Football Focus top 5 offensive players for the Gophers this past year. The top two were linemen Jared Weyler and Donnell Greene.