Look what Fleck did to this state with a few chrome helmets and a couple of gray uniforms. You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying.
If next weekend the Gophers win ugly in maroon and gold or if they wear maroon & gold and get blown out...nobody panics. Because it’s all part of the plan. But when Fleck says that one game the Gophers will wear gray, well then everyone loses their minds!
(RIP Heath Ledger)
The new uniforms are, in fact, good.
Why am I bothering to write this?
- Because I heard yesterday that 50+ Gophers fans emailed Fleck directly to loudly complain about the uniforms and that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.*
- Because it’s true.**
I have bullet points (yes, plural!) to explain number two:
- Gray uniforms are the weakest of the combos and they get worn one, MAYBE twice, per season. Just remember that it could be worse and we could be wearing some ugly ass red while pretending that our mascot isn’t a skunk.
- The chrome helmets are absolute :FIREEMOJI: in all weather conditions and automatically improve everything they touch while also being a surprisingly nice throwback to the “old gold” Minnesota used to wear (a benefit I didn’t really appreciate at first). I direct your attention to Exhibit A:
Friday Night Lights with the #Gophers. pic.twitter.com/rqPsQhUyTx— Brace Hemmelgarn (@bracehemmelgarn) October 27, 2018
- The standard school colors represent the vast bulk of what we wear, as it should be.
- THEY. ARE. UNIFORMS. THEY. DON’T. ACTUALLY. MATTER.***
In conclusion, Libya is a land of contrast. Thank you.