The Gophers face a unique and challenging offense with the triple option. Georgia Tech presents a unique challenge to the Gopher defense, can they get a win in Detroit?
- Defensive Assignments - This is a game where the defense has to be sound, they have to trust their reads and they have to do their jobs without chasing the ball (or where they think the ball is going). DO YOUR JOB.
- Zero turnovers - This has killed the Gopher offense all year. 25 turnovers and -5 margin were both 13th in the Big Ten. Ball is the program. The Yellow Jackets, on the other hand were +9. The Ball is the program.
- Have fun - It is the last game for the seniors. Certainly everybody on the field wants to win, but I hope they go out there and have some fun while playing at an elite level.
OPPOSING PLAYERS TO WATCH
- QB TaQuan Marchall - Senior quarterback and the team’s leading rusher.
- DE Anree Saint-Amour - Leads the team in tackles for loss with 11.
Here is a great chance for Joe Rossi to earn his new official title. If he has his defense ready for the triple-option, the Gophers will win. I’m pretty confident that the offense will be able to move the ball and put up points, but can the defense hold off the Yellow Jacket offense?
Minnesota - 34
Georgia Tech - 24