Tomorrow begins the greatest weekend of the year, it will go on without the Gophers participating this year. But the rest of the sporting world carries on. Here are some links worth sharing.
Kaitlyn Long continues to rack up awards. After winning an NCAA Championship, the senior thrower was named the Big Ten Field Athlete of the Year.
- Gopher Baseball is on a trip through Texas. They beat George Washington yesterday, they play UT-Arlington today and then they get a 3-game set at #11 TCU this weekend.
- The Minnesota state high school basketball playoffs are in full swing and teams are playing in their section championships this weekend. Incoming Gophers Jarvis Omersa and Gabe Kalscheur are facing off Thursday as their respective teams are fighting for a state tournament birth. Daniel Oturu is also playing Thursday night, down in Hastings.
- Here is a cool article about how Coach Fleck is spreading his energy across the entire Gopher athletic department. The U is on Spring Break currently so there is a week off from Spring Practices, but we will get on top of that in the coming days. Next practice is Marh 20th.
- Edina’s Sammy Walker, a Gopher hockey commit, was named Minnesota’s Mr. Hockey.
- Gopher Women’s Hoops did manage to make the NCAA Tournament and they are the 10-seed, ready to face Green Bay.
OTHER ELITE LINKS
- Amelia is going with her Minnesota Beer Bracket again this year. You should absolutely vote. Dangerous Man, Barrel Theory and Fair State are easily the best breweries of the 16 in the bracket. Disagree? GTFO! And most importantly, get out and check these breweries out. Local breweries is the greatest thing to happen in this country ever.
- Maybe you’ve heard that the Vikings went out and spent a little bit of money on a quarterback. Daily Norseman has you covered with Kirk Cousins analysis as well as the rest of the free agent frenzy.