Hey, so this “spring” weather really stinks. I mean, not the weather here in Cincy but the nonsense all of you who live in Minnesota are facing. It’s currently looks so lousy that Minnesota has been forced to rescheduled their Spring Game from this upcoming Saturday at noon to this Thursday at 6pm.
BREAKING: #Gophers will now play their annual spring game at 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 12 at TCF Bank Stadium. Full details coming soon. See you on Thursday night! #SkiUMah #RTB pic.twitter.com/MIVFRlYLcG— Minnesota Football (@GopherFootball) April 10, 2018
I’m with Homer on this one...
Key updated details (updated 4/11 9am)
- The game will be streamed live on BTN2Go
- BTN will air the game at 8pm CT on Thursday night
- KFAN 100.3 will have the game live and it will be available on select Gopher Radio Network stations across the state
- Most of the events from Saturday will still take place, with the exception of player autographs following the game (which is now cancelled)
- Parking in Lot 37 and the Maroon, Gold and Victory lots will be $4, while parking in the Gopher lot will be $6. Fans should keep in mind that during the day these lots are used by university staff and students, so space may be limited. Tailgating will not be permitted.
- Abbott, which is the presenting sponsor of the game, will host a pre-game fan fest from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. near Gate A. There will be free food, music and plenty of activities for children.
- Fans are still encouraged to bring their decorated oars to TCF Bank Stadium and drop them off at Gate A when they enter the stadium. Gate A opens at 5:00 p.m. and fans will be seated on the north side of the stadium.
Complaints I don’t have time for
I urge you to resist the traditional Minnesotan behavior of mindlessly complaining, especially if you’re coming up with the following lazy takes:
WE LIVE IN MINNESOTA TOUGHEN UP HURR DURR... Except, Iowa State and Wisconsin both cancelled their Spring Games too. No coach is going to send his team out in really ugly weather and risk injuries for a Spring Game. Especially when the fans aren’t going to show up to watch it since it’s not a real game. At least Minnesota is willing to reschedule it and give you a chance to go still. Both Wisconsin and Iowa State just straight up cancelled with no make up date.
WHY AREN’T THEY USING US BANK STADIUM? Try checking the Google machine before you drop this one folks. US Bank Stadium is used for all sorts of things that are non-sports related. It’s why the Gophers Baseball team had to play at Purdue this past weekend for their “home” series against Penn State. Because USBS was hosting monster trucks. This weekend? It’s motocross on Saturday. That means there is currently dirt in USBS instead of turf which might affect the ability to play football there. Don’t believe me?
Minnesota weather sucks right now. The Spring Game is being played Thursday night at 6pm. Adjust your plans accordingly.