I LIVE NEAR THE SCHOOL MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS PLAY ON SATURDAY. I HAVE BEEN ON THEIR CAMPUS. IT IS PRETTY. WHY AM I TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS?
The Gnomes think beating Miami should not be an arduous task for the Gophers so they have only one message:
When & Where
Date: Saturday, September 15th
Kickoff Time: 2:30 pm CT
Where: TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
Watch & Listen
TV: Big Ten Network
Streaming Video: BTN2Go (or the BTN2Go app for your mobile device)
Radio: KFAN (100.3) in the Twin Cities) and the Gopher Radio Network (Radio Affiliates).
Streaming Audio: Locate KFAN on IHeartRadio (or the IHeartRadio app for your mobile device)
- Sirius: 211 (Streaming 971)
- XM: 381 (Streaming 971)
- SiriusXM: 381 (Streaming 971)
Spread: Currently Minnesota by 13 in most books.
High 80’s, thunderstorms in the AM and humid all day.
Where Are They From? Oxford, OH
All Time Series: 3-0 in favor of Minnesota.
Last Game: 29-23 win for the Gophers in 2011.
SB Nation Blog: Hustle Belt
This Season: 0-2
Keys to the game
- Shut down the run. In talking with the beat writer for the Miami Student, I found out that Miami’s preferred offense is balanced and that when forced to throw as much as they have this season that bad things tend to happen. If the Gophers can get their front seven to stop the run early good things should happen.
- Establish the run. Conversely, the Gophers could really use a game where the offensive line succeeds at run blocking and the Gophers are able to rack up the yards on the ground. Even though Miami isn’t the toughest opponent, the opportunity for a confidence boost in this area shouldn’t be overlooked.
- No turnovers. The Gophers have only given up 24 points in two games. 14 of those points came after Minnesota gave their opponent a short field. I’d love to see a turnover free game this week.
How afraid am I?
On a scale of 1 to 5 “Brewsters on his face” (1 being not a afraid, 5 being very afraid)?
Sometimes the old ways are the best. I’m only 1 Brew afraid of Miami. I mean, even HE beat them.
Minnesota 35 - Miami 10