UMMMMMMM...hey so Fresno State is good and I don’t like that. This Gophers team needs a little more time to work out the kinks before I’m comfortable with them facing a competent opponent. Sigh...
The Gnomes may not know enough about Fresno State to make fun of them (EDIT: just realized their mascot is named Timeout, which, lulz...sadly too late to be of Gnomes use), but they do know enough to understand that they seem to be hot right now.
The Gnomes hope the Gophers can cool the Bulldogs, but they are NOT confident that’s gonna happen...
When & Where
Date: Saturday, September 8th
Kickoff Time: 6:30 pm CT
Where: TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
Watch & Listen
TV: Fox Sports 1
Streaming Video: Fox Sports Go (or the Fox Sports Go app for your mobile device)
Radio: KFAN (100.3) in the Twin Cities) and the Gopher Radio Network (Radio Affiliates).
Streaming Audio: Locate KFAN on IHeartRadio (or the IHeartRadio app for your mobile device)
- Sirius: 125 (Streaming 989)
- XM: 388 (Streaming 986)
- SiriusXM: 388 (Streaming 986)
Spread: Minnesota is listed as a 2.5 point favorite right now.
O/U: 110, which, lol?
Sunny, in the 70’s. Still sounds wonderful!
Where Are They From? Fresno, CA
All Time Series: The Gophers and Bulldogs have never faced off in football before.
Last Game: n/a
SB Nation Blog: Mountain West Connection
This Season: 1-0
Keys to the game
- Don’t let Fresno get untracked. Look, Idaho is terrible but hanging 79 on anyone isn’t to be ignored. If Minnesota lets Fresno jump out to an early lead while we go through a couple of drives of offensive jitters I worry about our ability to get back into it.
- Don’t suck on special teams. We all saw what a weapon special teams victories can be against NMSU. Well, Fresno put together a little special teams highlight reel of it’s own, blocking TWO kicks for touchdowns against Idaho. Many of us are worried that the Minnesota punting game might bite the Gophers in the butt at least once this year and this would definitely be a game to avoid that.
- Enjoy another night game! Back to back night games is not a normal thing in Gopherland. If you’re able to go to the game I hope you take advantage of every minute of great weather and have a blast. I’m not jealous or anything...
How afraid am I?
On a scale of 1 to 5 “Brewsters on his face” (1 being not a afraid, 5 being very afraid)?
I am 4 Tim Brewsters making a firebreak afraid of Fresno State. In all honesty I don’t think the Gophers win this one.
Fresno State 27 - Minnesota 21
You can’t will them all. I look forward to be very wrong. /fingers crossed