And we hit the halfway point of the season with your undefeated Golden Gophers.
Not much changed through the Nebraska game, but how they are handling the Gopher freshman quarterbacks is more and more interesting. Now, even if they wanted to give these freshmen some playing time, they have only thrown exactly 2 4th quarter passes in the last 3 games. So it is not like they would be getting anything valuable from just handing the ball off for a few minutes. Rutgers may give them a chance to get one guy into the game and a chance to attempt at least a few passes. But we’ll see.
Here is where we stand through 6 games.
Participated in at Least One Game
- RB - Cam Wiley (1) - 11 carries for 32 yards while appearing in the Georgia Southern game.
- LB - Donald Willis (4) - has now reached the 4 game max, expected to not play anymore.
- LB - James Gordon IV (2) - played in the Illinois game.
Has Exceeded 4 Games
- DB - Tyler Nubin (6) - a tackle and a pass break up in the Nebraska game
- LS - Brady Weeks (6) - I saw a high snap this week!
- K - Michael Lantz (6) - missed PAT...shame.
Has Not Yet Participated (only scholarship players listed)
- QB - Cole Kramer
- QB - Jacob Clark
- RB - Treyson Potts
- RB - Jason Williamson - injured and won’t play this season
- WR - Mike Brown-Stephens
- WR - Nnamdi Adim-Madumere
- OL - Tyler Cooper
- OL - JJ Guedet
- DE - MJ Anderson
- DL - D’Vion Harris
- DL - Rashad Cheney Jr.
- DL - Logan Richter
- DL - DeAngelo Carter
- DB - Solomon Brown
- QB - Zack Annexstad - injured, if he plays 4 or fewer games he will come into next season as a redshirt sophomore.
- RB - Bryce Williams (2) - played most of 2nd half against Georgia Southern and in the Illinois game
- S - Benny Sapp III (4) - did not play in the Neb game, are they saving him?
- CB - Terrell Smith (6) - will likely play all season
- LB - Mariano Sori-Marin (6) - will likely play all season
- LB - Thomas Rush (6) - will likely play all season
- DT - Jamaal Teague (6) - will likely play all season