After scratching their way to 3-0 and then dominating 3 Big Ten teams to move to 6-0, the Gophers head to Piscataway, New Jersey to face a struggling Rutgers team. This team is has been outscored 165-7 in their four Big Ten games. This is a game your Gophers should move to 7-0, but will they take care of business?
- No Turnovers - The Rutgers offense has 1 touchdown in Big Ten games, don’t give them short fields or easy points. Confidence for Rutgers is a bad thing.
- Dominate Line of Scrimmage - This is a game they should own the line of scrimmage and I would really just like to see both lines continue to get better.
- No Mental or Physical Lapse - Finally getting ranked, feeling like this game is in the bag just by showing up and having not playing with that edge is something I fear is coming for this team. Keep things sharp.
OPPOSING PLAYERS TO WATCH
- #10 RB - Isaih Pacheco - They are playing their 3rd or 4th string quarterback and a lineman is probably their best offensive player, but I’ll point you towards the running back.
- #22 CB- Damon Hayes - Senior corner who was All Big Ten HM last year with several pass breakups this year.
The Gophers absolutely should win this game and I suspect they will. Will it be closer than it should be in the first half? Maybe, but they’ll win and win going away.
Minnesota - 41
Rutgers - 10