Well, it was another dominant performance as the Gophers moved to 8-0 while dominating Maryland last weekend. Due to the blowout nature of the game, we got to see more freshmen get some game action.
The highlight for the freshmen was clearly the Jacob Clark to Harry Van Dyne bomb, setting up the Treson Potts touchdown, pushing the Gophers to 52 points on the day. But five freshmen saw their first action of the season in the Maryland game.
The real question is, which freshmen will play after we are blowing out Penn State next weekend? Right?
Participated in at Least One Game
- QB - Cole Kramer (2) - came in to kneel the Maryland game, that is a move I really do not understand.
- QB - Jacob Clark (1) - 1/1 for 39 yards against Maryland.
- RB - Treyson Potts (2) - 4 carries for 42 yards and a touchdown.
- RB - Cam Wiley (1) - Georgia Southern action only
- OL - JJ Guedet (1) - Rutgers action, not Maryland
- LB - Donald Willis (4) - not expected to play again this season
- LB - James Gordon IV (2)
- DE - MJ Anderson (1) - saw first action of the season against Maryland
- DL - Logan Richter (1) - saw first action of the season against Maryland
- DL - DeAngelo Carter (1) - saw first action of the season against Maryland
- DB - Solomon Brown (1) - saw first action of the season against Maryland
Has Exceeded 4 Games
- DB - Tyler Nubin (7) - not on the Maryland participation report
- LS - Brady Weeks (8)
- K - Michael Lantz (8)
Has Not Yet Participated (only scholarship players listed)
- RB - Jason Williamson - injured and won’t play this season
- WR - Mike Brown-Stephens
- WR - Nnamdi Adim-Madumere
- OL - Tyler Cooper
- DL - D’Vion Harris
- DL - Rashad Cheney Jr.
- QB - Zack Annexstad - injured, if he plays 4 or fewer games he will come into next season as a redshirt sophomore.
- RB - Bryce Williams (3)
- S - Benny Sapp III (6) - back on the field this week
- CB - Terrell Smith (6) - no action in Maryland game
- LB - Mariano Sori-Marin (8) - will likely play all season, started the Maryland game
- LB - Thomas Rush (8) - will likely play all season
- DT - Jamaal Teague (8) - will likely play all season