The regular season has ended and your 10-2 Gophers will play in one final game. Through the 12 regular season games here is how many games the true freshmen have played.
In 2018 the program played 10 true freshmen enough to burn their redshirt. Those are some pretty familiar names as regular contributors in 2019. But this season the staff has burned on 3 redshirts, with 2 of those being special teams players. Tyer Nubin is the only offensive or defensive player to have played in more than 4 games.
Participated in at Least One Game
- QB - Cole Kramer (3) - last seen throwing on the final drive at Iowa
- QB - Jacob Clark (1) - just participated in the one game this season
- RB - Treyson Potts (2)
- RB - Cam Wiley (3) - has played in just three, will retain redshirt even after the bowl game
- OL - JJ Guedet (1) - Rutgers action
- OL - Tyler Cooper (1) - saw only action of the season against Maryland
- LB - Donald Willis (4) - presumably will not play in bowl game
- LB - James Gordon IV (4) - presumably will not play in bowl game
- DE - MJ Anderson (1) - saw only action of the season against Maryland
- DL - Logan Richter (1) - saw only action of the season against Maryland
- DL - DeAngelo Carter (1) - saw only action of the season against Maryland
- DB - Solomon Brown (1) - saw only action of the season against Maryland
Has Exceeded 4 Games
- DB - Tyler Nubin (10) - participated in 10 games and will be a true sophomore next season
- LS - Brady Weeks (12)
- K - Michael Lantz (10) - missed two games due to injury
Has Not Yet Participated (only scholarship players listed)
- RB - Jason Williamson - injured and won’t play this season
- WR - Mike Brown-Stephens
- WR - Nnamdi Adim-Madumere
- DL - D’Vion Harris
- DL - Rashad Cheney Jr.
Here I am not including true sophomore starters Rashod Bateman, Daniel Faalele and Jordan Howden.
- QB - Zack Annexstad - injured, if he plays 4 or fewer games he will come into next season as a redshirt sophomore.
- RB - Bryce Williams (2)
- S - Benny Sapp III (8)
- CB - Terrell Smith (7) - was back on the field briefly at Iowa
- LB - Mariano Sori-Marin (10) - will likely play all season, started the Maryland game
- LB - Thomas Rush (10) - will likely play all season
- DT - Jamaal Teague (10) - will likely play all season