In case you haven’t figured it out yet...we are in the middle of March Madness. Not only the NCAA basketball tournament kind, but with multiple other NCAA Championships going on this weekend, plus a Big Ten Championship, plus the start of the Big Ten season in some sports...well frankly it’s just overwhelming. So let us help you. We have your weekend tv/streaming schedule so you can try and keep up on all the different Minnesota Golden Gophers sports teams trying to win some games this weekend. So sit back and get that remote/ computer/tablet/all of the above ready to go! The events are listed below in chronological order for your convenience. All events listed in bold are postseason championships.
Friday March 22:
- The Women’s NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships kick off the day on Friday. Gopher junior Sarah Bacon won the NCAA title in the 1-meter diving Thursday night and she will compete in the 3-meter competition on Friday. Prelims get going bright and early at 8:45 AM if you want to watch and they stream for free HERE. Later in the day the finals will begin for Day 3 with several Gophers having a good chance at trying to earn a podium spot. The finals will kick off at 5PM and can be seen live on ESPNU, or on WatchESPN
- The NCAA Wrestling Championships continue on Day 2 in Pittsburgh. Four Gophers have advanced to the Quarterfinal Round including Sean Russell at 125, Ethan Lizak at 133, Mitch McKee at 1421 and Gable Steveson at heavyweight. The quarterfinals along with the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the consolation bracket begin at 10AM and will air on ESPNU and stream on WatchESPN. The semifinals and the 4th and 5th rounds of the consolation bracket will air live on ESPN beginning at 7PM and will also stream on WatchESPN.
- The Gopher women’s tennis team returns home after a road sweep of Maryland and Rutgers to move to 2-1 in the Big Ten and will host Indiana at 1:30 PM. It will stream for free HERE.
- The Gopher Women’s Hockey team is back in the NCAA Frozen Four and will take on Cornell in a semifinal at 3:00 PM live on BTN. You can also stream it on BTN2GO. See the compete preview HERE.
The Gopher Baseball team is finally done with a disastrous non-conference season and kicks off the Big Ten season with a three game series at Penn State . Game 1 will begin at 3PM and you can stream it on BTN+ if you want to pay for it.Game postponed to Sunday Doubleheader
- The #16 Gopher Men’s Tennis team is 1-0 in Big Ten play and will try and stay undefeated this weekend when they host a past of matches. The Gophers open up the weekend by hosting Iowa at 6PM Friday night and you can stream that for free HERE.
- The Gopher Women’s basketball team opens up the Women’s NIT with a first round game against Northern Iowa Panthers at the Barn. The game tips off at 6:30 and you can watch it on BTN+ with a subscription. The game will also air on 96.7 FM in the Twin Cities or stream on the I Heart Radio App.
Saturday March 23:
- Day 4 of the NCAA Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships once again begin with the prelims at 8:45 AM streaming for free HERE . The finals will air at 5PM on ESPNU and will stream on WatchESPN.
- The Consolation semifinals, 3rd Place Matches, 5th Place Matches and 7th Place matches of the NCAA Wrestling Championships will begin at 10AM Saturday and will air on ESPNU and stream on WatchESPN. The Championship matches will air at 6PM on ESPN and will stream on WatchESPN.
- Game 2 of the baseball series between the Gophers and Penn State will begin at Noon and will stream on BTN+
- The #6 Gopher Men’s Gymnastics team will end its regular season with a home Big Ten meet against Penn State and Iowa. It begins at 2PM at the Pav and will stream on BTN+
- The Minnesota Gophers men’s basketball team will try and build off of a huge win over #7 seed Louisville 84-74 on Thursday. The Gophers will try to keep a Cinderella run through the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament alive when they take on the Michigan State in a second round matchup from Des Moines, Iowa at approximately 6:45 PM. The game will air live on CBS and can be streamed via the NCAA March Madness App.
Sunday March 24:
- The Gopher women’s tennis team heads to Ann Arbor for a road match against the Michigan . It begins at 10AM and will stream for free HERE.
- Game three of the baseball series between Minnesota and Penn State begins at Noon and streams on BTN+ **Edit it will now be a doubleheader after Friday’s game was postponed due to weather.
- The Gopher men’s tennis team heads to Lincoln to face the Nebraska in a Big Ten match at Noon. It will stream for free HERE
- The NCAA Women’s Hockey Championship Game faces off at 1:30 PM on BTN. It will also stream on BTN2GO. Minnesota will hopefully advance on Friday to face either Wisconsin or Clarkson for a chance at their 8th National Championship in Hamden, Connecticut.
Additionally, the Gopher Softball team opens up their Big Ten season with a three game series at Maryland. No TV or stream is available for that series.