Week 2 of the redshirt tracker. I am using the participation report on GopherSports.com. Any changes from the game’s participation report will need to be noted and changed here eventually, but for today that is what I am using.
For those unaware, the NCAA changed their redshirt rule in 2018 to allow players to participate in up to 4 games and retain their redshirt status. Once a player hits 5 games, he is going to be a sophomore the following season.
This is a very different year with only 2 defensive and 2 special team’s freshmen seeing action so far this year.
Participated in at Least One Game
- DB - Tyler Nubin (2)
- LB - Donald Willis (1) - the only new name added to this list after Willis saw time against Fresno and recorded 1 tackle
- LS - Brady Weeks (2) - just a matter of 4 games before Weeks moves to the next section below.
- K - Michael Lantz (2) - your starting kicker
Has Exceeded 4 Games
- None yet, we are only 2 games into the season
Has Not Yet Participated (only scholarship players listed)
- QB - Cole Kramer
- QB - Jacob Clark
- RB - Cam Wiley
- RB - Treyson Potts
- RB - Jason Williamson - injured and won’t play this season
- WR - Mike Brown-Stephens
- WR - Nnamdi Adim-Madumere
- OL - Tyler Cooper
- OL - JJ Guedet
- DE - MJ Anderson
- DL - D’Vion Harris
- DL - Rashad Cheney Jr.
- DL - Logan Richter
- DL - DeAngelo Carter
- LB - James Gordon IV
- DB - Solomon Brown
- QB - Zack Annexstad - injured, if he plays 4 or fewer games he will come into next season as a redshirt sophomore.
- RB - Bryce Williams (SO)
- S - Benny Sapp III (1) - sophomore safety saw time against Fresno