The SB Nation All-Big Ten Teams are here. Before we go any farther, I’d like to tip my cap to Travis Miller of Hammer & Rails for taking the time to pull the whole thing together. It’s a thankless task that involves chasing down really tall bloggers who got the votes from two of their blog team members a week ago and then forgot to send them in. /looks sheepish
Anywho, go Travis!
I’d love to announce the teams with excitement because a lot of Gophers are on it. But the team shat the bed on their way to (probably) getting Pitino fired so you know you’re not going to see a lot of maroon and gold on this list.
First, let’s take a look at the 24 yahoos who voted in this thing.
BT Powerhouse - Thomas Beindit
Bucky’s 5th Quarter - Drew Hamm
The Champaign Room - Jeff Horwitz, Matt O’Neill, Michael Berns, Tristan Kissack, Drew Pastorek, Anthony Pasquale
Corn Nation - Patrick Gerhart
Crimson Quarry - Mike Miller
The Daily Gopher - Steve (Zips of Akron), Street
Hammer & Rails - Travis Miller, Jace Jellison, Kyle Holderfield, Andrew Holmes
InsideNU - Daniel Olinger, Meredith Revsine
Land-Grant Holyland - Connor Lemons
Maize N’ Brew - Anthony Broome
The Only Colors - Ryan O’Bleness
On the Banks - Aaron Breitman
Testudo Times - Liam Warin
PLAYERS/COACH OF THE YEAR
SB Nation Big Ten Player of the Year: Luka Garza - Iowa
SB Nation Big Ten Freshman of the Year: Hunter Dickinson - Michgian
SB Nation Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year: Myles Johnson - Rutgers
SB Nation Big Ten Coach of the Year: Juwan Howard - Michigan
Here is the methodology:
- Each player with a First Team vote received 3 points
- A Second Team vote was worth two points
- A Third Team was worth one point
SB Nation First Team All-Big Ten
- Ayo Dosunmu - Illinois - 72 points (Unanimous selection)
- Luka Garza - Iowa - 72 points (Unanimous Selection)
- Kofi Cockburn - Illinois - 64 points
- Trayce Jackson-Davis - Indiana - 63 points
- E.J. Liddell - Ohio State - 62 points
No Gophers? Moving along then.
SB Nation Second Team All-Big Ten
- Trevion Williams - Purdue - 52 points
- Marcus Carr - Minnesota - 51 points
- Hunter Dickinson - Michigan - 45 points
- Isaiah Livers - Michigan - 36 points
- Joe Weiskamp - Iowa - 36 points
Yay Carr. Moving along.
SB Nation Third Team All-Big Ten
- Aaron Henry - Michigan State - 29 points
- Duane Washington - Ohio State - 25 points
- Franz Wagner - Michigan - 25 points
- Ron Harper Jr. - Rutgers - 20 points
- D’Mitrik Trice - Wisconsin - 17 points
Still moving along.
The following players all received at least a Third Team nod on one ballot:
Teddy Allen - Nebraska (9 points), Myreon Jones - Penn State (6 points), Eric Ayala - Maryland (6 points), Donta Scott - Maryland (5 points), Myles Johnson - Rutgers (4 points), Jacob Young - Rutgers (4 points), Micah Potter - Wisconsin (3 points), Kyle Young - Ohio State (3 points), Jordan Bohannon - Iowa (3 points), Mike Smith - Michigan (2 points), Liam Robbins - Minnesota (2 points), CJ Fredrick - Iowa (1 point), Trent Frazier - Illinois (1 point), Aaron Wiggins - Maryland (1 point), Eli Brooks - Michigan (1 point)
Ok, time for a poll.
Did the other SBN bloggers screw Minnesota’s players this year?
This poll is closed