Last weekend the Gophers had their first weekend of hosting OFFICIAL visits. There were 9 high school seniors on campus. Three of them were already committed, 2 new commitments came from this weekend and the other 4 are still deciding.
This weekend PJ Fleck and staff are bringing 8 kids with scholarship offers to campus this weekend. The first three have already given their verbal commitment and the other five names are the ones to keep an eye on over the next few days.
As a brief refresher, there are 8 current commitments and it is anticipated that there will be around 18 commitments in this 2022 class (+/- 2).
WHO IS COMING
Currently committed individuals.
- QB - Jacob Knuth - Big & tall QB with very good speed as well.
- TE - Spencer Alvarez - local, athletic TE who missed his junior season due to injury
- DE - Trey Bixby - 4-star DE who is currently the highest rated player on our board
And these are the fun names to be watching. Looks like this weekend is full of defensive backs.
- CB - Rhyland Kelly - We will start in the north with Kelly, a Canadian corner. A 6’2” corner who is visiting Purdue next weekend. But Kelly has called Minnesota his “dream school” and very much looks up to Benjamin St. Juste.
- CB - Mansoor Delane - A Maryland corner who has been very busy taking visits. Delane has already been to Illinois and Virginia Tech, he’ll visit Maryland next weekend and is obviously in Minnesota for this weekend. After taking a number of official visits, will he be ready to make a decision soon?
- DB - Tariq Watson - A fast defensive back out of Louisiana, Watson placed top 3 at state in both the 100 and 200. Watson visited Virginia last weekend.
- WR/CB - Aidan Gousby - More likely to play on the defensive side of the ball, Gousby is a Florida athlete who runs track and played both on both sides of the ball at the class 7A level in Florida. Several other P5 offers and he visited Illinois last weekend.
- DE - Jack Pyburn - Edge rushing defensive end out of Florida. Pyburn played some DE and LB for his high school team that was runner-up in the Florida 4A state championship game. Pyburn is also a high school wrestler where he placed 3rd in state. PJ loves his wrestling defensive linemen.
The players will be arriving on Friday and fingers are crossed that a couple of them will pull the trigger on their Gopher offer when their visit is over.