Now we hit the road and face a Power-5 opponent in the Colorado Buffs. Can the Gophers rebound from a sketchy 2nd half against Miami-OH and take care of the the Buffs on the road?
- Stop the run - So much experience and talent at running back, stop the run and make this team pass. So much excitement about almost beating #5 Texas A&M, but the Aggies clearly stopped this Buffs offense, holding them to 7 points.
- Tanner Morgan decisions - These linebackers are very good. Morgan’s decision making process in the RPO and pre-snap is going to be crucial. We thrive off the play-action that sucks in the linebackers as our receivers run great slant routes behind them. Please make good decisions.
- Play 4 quarters - You cannot get dominated in any singular quarter and expect to win. Play well, for 4 quarters.
OPPOSING PLAYERS TO WATCH
- #23 RB - Jarek Broussard - The reigning Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year. Do I need to say anymore? Contain this kid.
- #53 LB - Nate Landman - As mentioned, these linebackers are very good. Landman is the leader on this defense and makes a ton of tackles. Expect him to be around the ball all day.
I’m confident in this win. I don’t think it will be easy, it may be ugly. Colorado will score more this week because our defense isn’t great. But I think we will find ways to score, specially if Chris Autman-Bell is playing.
I believe that the offense really finds a groove today and the the defense will play well at times, giving up some big plays at others.
Colorado - 28
Minnesota - 31