The day we’ve all been waiting for... the Golden Gophers at the Bowling Green Eagles in the Quick Lane Bowl
How to Watch
- Free Cole Kramer - Clearly we will run the ball a lot, but I also suspect that we will get to see Cole Kramer throw the ball. Watch the kid who never really got a chance take advantage of his singular start as the Gopher QB1.
- Own the line of scrimmage - The Gopher offensive line will remain intact and should be a significant advantage this afternoon.
- Play sound on defense - I’m rather wary of what we can expect on defense today. This side of the ball has been great at times and horrific at others. Now they are without a defensive coordinator and it’ll be interesting. Play sound, do your job, don’t try to do too much and just contain the Eagles.
OPPOSING PLAYERS TO WATCH
- #4 RB - Terion Stewart - 2nd Team All-MAC running back and the guy who will get most (if not all) of the carries this afternoon if he’s healthy. Stewart missed a few games at the end of the season with a lower leg injury.
- #1 CB - Jordan Oladokun - Also a 2nd team All-MAC player who had 4 picks this season. Unsure what we will see from the Gopher passing game, but this is the Eagle’s best corner.
I think we see a lot more offense and points than we have seen for most of this season. Bowling Green lost some key defensive players to the portal while Minnesota has retained basically everyone they wanted. With an intact offensive line, all of the receivers back plus a healthy Darius Taylor...I think this is going to result in a lot of Minnesota points.
The question is, what will we see from the defense? It will be enough for a win.
Minnesota - 30
Bowling Green - 17